Similar to past years, registration will be staggered to accommodate returning students/household members followed 2 weeks later by registration for new students.
- Registration for returning students & members of their household is May 1st.
- All other (new) students will be on May 15th.
We will again offer CANSail beginner course Levels 1 & 2 using Pirate-class training sailboats (similar to our old Flying Juniors) and advanced course Levels 3 & 4 using Lasers and a Byte. As piloted last year, we will also offer a Fun Sailing option which is not instructor-led.
The 2020 Course Dates are:
- Levels 1&2 – July 13-17; July 27-31; Aug 3-7; Aug 17-21
- Levels 3&4 – Aug 3-7; Aug 17-21
- Fun Sailing – July 13-17; July 27-31.
All students in Levels 1 & 2 must be at least 9 years old at the start of the course, and 12 years old for Levels 3 & 4. Adults are welcome. All students must be able to swim and will be tested. Fun Sailing students must be 12 years old and have completed level 2.
Registration is a 3-step process for both the May 1st and May 15th registrations.
1) Notify by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, the name of the student(s) immediately after 8 AM Pacific Time on May 1st/May 15th along with their courses and dates, primary and secondary preferred week-date, and the email address of parent/legal guardian. As a backup, you can call Allyson Coffey immediately after 8:00AM Pacific Time at: (604) 220-7259.
2) Registration forms will then be emailed to the above legal guardian(s) for completion and return to email@example.com within 14 days.
3) Because of the Covid-19 outbreak, fees will only be due upon confirmation of a course occurring. Payment can be by e-transfer to the above email or by leaving a cheque in the PIJSA folder at the real estate office in the Driftwood Center.
The 2019 course fee for CANSail courses is C$175. As Fun Sailing offers little instruction, the fee is C$125.
It is important that individuals send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at 8 AM on May 1st/15th as registration preferences are based on the sequential receipt.