Our courses have been popular with children from Pender, visitors, and summer residents. While we traditionally identify with kids, adults are always welcome in all of our course levels. Adults will generally be paired with another adult in levels 1 & 2 and should recognize that small-boat agility is required.
Our traditional registration process uses an automated computer system. Parents/Guardians will directly register students using the below link https://penderislandjuniorsailingassociation.checklick.com. Select your preferred week and follow the prompts in the system.
For 2023. PIJSA offers 4 levels of instruction – addressing different levels of student proficiency. Our CANSail curriculum is Sail Canada approved and taught by certified instructors. All successful candidates will receive a recognized certificate from the Canadian governing body.
- The levels include CANSail 1 & 2 for beginners, taught using Pirate class training boats. These usually have 3 youths or 2 adults per boat.
- CANSail 3 & 4 will use single and dual-person Lasers. Requiring successful completion of CANSail Level 2, this course is for students 12+ years old and teaches advanced sailing skills.
Courses are held at the Browning Harbour beach on Monday through Friday at a cost of C$225 for each of the courses.
The course dates for 2023 are:
- Level 1&2 – July 10-14, July 24-28, July 31-Aug 4, Aug 14-18
- Level 3&4 – July 31-Aug 4, Aug 14-18
All courses last 5 days (Monday to Friday), from 9:00AM to 3:30PM.
As in prior years, we will offer 2 registration dates:
- May 1st for returning students and members of their household,
- May 15th for new students.
The Checklick Registration system is accessible at: https://penderislandjuniorsailingassociation.checklick.com
For any registration enquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call John Ackermans at (250) 886-8132. Regular updates will also be posted to this site at www.penderislandjuniorsailing.com