Similar to past years, registration will be staggered to accommodate returning students/their siblings followed 2 weeks later by registration for new students.
- Registration for returning students and a sibling is May 1st.
- All other (new) students will be on May 15th.
We will again offer CANSail beginner course Levels 1 & 2 using Pirate-class training sailboats (similar to our old Flying Juniors) and advanced course Levels 3 & 4 using Lasers and a Byte.
The 2019 Course Dates are: July 15-19; July 29-Aug 2; Aug 5-9; Aug 19-23. All course levels (1-2-3-4) will be offered in each of the above weeks, providing maximum flexibility for our participants.
All students in Levels 1 & 2 must be at least 9 years old at the start of the course, and 12 years old for Levels 3 & 4. Adults are welcome. All students must be able to swim and will be tested.
Registration is a 3-step process for both the May 1st and May 15th registrations.
1) Notify by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, the name of the student(s) immediately after 8 AM Pacific Time on May 1st/May 15th along with their course level, primary/secondary preferred week-date, and the email address of parent/legal guardian. As a backup, you can call Allyson Coffey immediately after 8:00AM Pacific Time at: (604) 220-7259.
2) Registration forms will then be emailed to above legal guardians for completion and returned to email@example.com within 14 days.
3) We request that payment for the courses be made within 14 days of returning the registration form, which should be done shortly after Allyson has confirmed registration. Until PIJSA has received payment, the registration is not secure.
The 2019 course fee is C$175. Payment should be sent to our Treasurer – Rick Mudie –
- by e-transfer to [firstname.lastname@example.org] or,
- by cheque left in the PIJSA folder at Dockside Realty (Driftwood Center) or,
- by postal mail to 2727 Anchor Way, Pender Island, BC V0N2M2 .
It is vital that individuals initially contact our Registrar at email@example.com at 8 AM on May 1st/15th to confirm your registration and start the process.